Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  This is a Pub...
Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:

The radios were turned off on the server tonight because NO ONE on blue team was playing TFC...they were farting around with the radios. Chaos and I were being seriously mauled by our opponents...no one else on our team seemed to care.

Any play style is tolerated here...that's what I've said. Problem is, you and many others weren't playing. That is "play detrimental to your team"...which is against our rules. And our rule about the radios: "IF they become a distraction to the game, they will be turned off."

Chips wrote:
This is a pub...everything is allowed, except outright cheating...final.

This is about where you lost me
Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I am on the server quite a bit at all hours of the day and night. I will be happy to help anyone that asks for it and even those that don't seem to have a clue(n00bs are fun to teach.) More importantly, I will not hesitate to slap, slay, llama, chicken, bury, kick or ban anyone that needs to be slapped, slayed, llama'ed, chickenen, buried, kicked or banned. My goal as admin is to ensure that we all have fun--even if it means turning myself into a chicken and me pecking your eyes out. Very Happy.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FlyMoto wrote:
Chips wrote:

The radios were turned off on the server tonight because NO ONE on blue team was playing TFC...they were farting around with the radios. Chaos and I were being seriously mauled by our opponents...no one else on our team seemed to care.

Any play style is tolerated here...that's what I've said. Problem is, you and many others weren't playing. That is "play detrimental to your team"...which is against our rules. And our rule about the radios: "IF they become a distraction to the game, they will be turned off."

Chips wrote:
This is a pub...everything is allowed, except outright cheating...final.

That's because the second quote is from TD...

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

no chips said it, i just copied and pasted. Whatever it doesn't matter anymore
Falcon
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Torturedevice wrote:
I'm tired of hearing "turn off the bots"..."turn off the hook"..."stop with the fireworks". The answer from now on wil be NO.

Funny.....i remember earlier today u were the one asking to have the bots turned off on 2fort2k2_2....

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Falcon wrote:
Torturedevice wrote:
I'm tired of hearing "turn off the bots"..."turn off the hook"..."stop with the fireworks". The answer from now on wil be NO.

Funny.....i remember earlier today u were the one asking to have the bots turned off on 2fort2k2_2....

once again TD was just quoting chips on that..read first post of this topic
Falcon
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Waddling duK wrote:
once again TD was just quoting chips on that..read first post of this topic

i did lol, i always read everything through before i respond so i don't look like a moron...i said whatever i said to see if Td would respond to such nonsense, but u already pointed out the obvious Duk Razz

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I guess i'll ask the questions no one wants to.
I'll continue from my last post:
FlyMoto wrote:

How is it that it is OK to do anything but cheat(...final.), yet its not ok to do nothing but simply play around with your radio?

You cannot force people to play, or play a specific way some of the time, and not the other.

Of all people, I know you Chips do your best to admin as fairly as possible and not let your annoyance with some things get the best of you. I've admired the fact that i've often seen you leave your own server before kicking people because your annoyed. But I also see that eventually you just want to play a good game, and not have everyone goof off. Well, you can't allow everyone these freedoms without them abusing them. And you can't have both of these things. I've seen the server go from allowing almost anything, with tons of mods, to a server with few, extremely regulated mods. Yes times have changed, but then the question has to turn to, pleasing people as a mass(which is impossible to ever completely do) or keeping the old style. CfH that i joined a year ago is not the same CfH that exists now. I've also noticed quite a few people who get better over time end up coming to the server less and less, but go-figure there.

I've tried to say everything well, if something came off bad or extremely mean, i'm sorry for it. I don't say this as criticism, I hope maybe you will learn something from it.[/quote]
CorNation
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:50 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

i know i like to goof around. if someone pills my spawn i pill theirs. occasionally i get upset if someone is not moving the flag, just standing their not even responding. sometimes i say things i shouldnt and i feel bad about that. but all in all this is a fun server, and unless someone is being a total idiot, no one should complain or biatch. its all in fun. who cares if your respawn is gettin spammed. work that much harder to make the other team stop. we are all friends and that should be remembered in the end.

gilliam
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:55 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

TFC tech

Chips
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:05 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

"This is a pub...everything is allowed, except outright cheating...final."...if it's not obvious...refers to game play. This IS a game server that hosts a particular game...and that is what we all rally around. People are not free to come here and sit in spec for hours (why we now have a plug-in that kicks for inactivity)...or join a team and do nothing. They are here to play a game. Now, this game we all play on this server has very few, very explicit rules. One of them was being broken...and it was dealt with.

The only mods that have been removed were Monster Mod (which no one liked) and TFC Tech...which became impractical. Decoy flags and strong blue pipes on A/D maps just wasn't cutting it. Everything else is still here including hook mod...even though, this is used much more rarely now. We still have chickens, fireworks, custom glow colors, roll the dice, radios...some fun stuff. These are also the things that drive off the better players that you mentioned...who are here to play straight-up TFC.

Any and all of these changes were made for a reason...to appease the majority. If you were in my shoes...you'd do the same. When a map comes on and 18 of the 20 players complain about something...you have to do something about it or everyone leaves. Whatever the changes made over the past year...they have worked. We still average around 1,700 players per month and are consistantly ranked around 10th in the world among all TFC servers.

Why were these change necessary? Again, to appease the majority and keep a strong player base. Why is this most important now? Because we'll soon be moving to a new server...one that we'll be paying for. Without a strong, dedicated players base that will donate to the servers cost...we won't have a server to play on ... and that will be the end of -[CfH]-. It has always been a matter of time before this would happen...we couldn't expect to survive off the good nature of others willing to host our game server. We have a strong enough player base to support this now...we'll be hosted by Pat (Chaos' friend) at a nominal charge of $40.00 per month on a box almost entirely dedicated to us. This will be happening soon...I'll keep everyone posted on this.
(FYI...I have enough in donations already to pay for at least...the first 6 months)

This is a game...please, one and all...come here to play this game with us and respect the very few rules we impose. Change is inevitable...we have to go with the flow.

We WILL host another TFCTech weekend...very soon. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
"This is a pub...everything is allowed, except outright cheating...final."...if it's not obvious...refers to game play. This IS a game server that hosts a particular game...and that is what we all rally around. People are not free to come here and sit in spec for hours (why we now have a plug-in that kicks for inactivity)...or join a team and do nothing. They are here to play a game. Now, this game we all play on this server has very few, very explicit rules. One of them was being broken...and it was dealt with.

Everything else is still here including hook mod...even though, this is used much more rarely now. We still have chickens, fireworks, custom glow colors, roll the dice, radios...some fun stuff. These are also the things that drive off the better players that you mentioned...who are here to play straight-up TFC.

It may be just me, but having radio mod on the server seems to invite the idea of not actually playing, but fooling around.

Chickens... hardly ever used. Fireworks are on few maps and are turned off often from what i can see - normally if one person starts using them almost everyone else does too. Roll the dice is allowed once per match, hardly enough to be messed around with much. Voting for maps/kicking bots is also gone, sure people play maps, but *mainly* the rotation gets played.

Chips wrote:
Any and all of these changes were made for a reason...to appease the majority. If you were in my shoes...you'd do the same.

you over or underestimate me, however you want to consider it. I, like many, try to play how I like, not to appease the majority.

I'm not saying in any way shape or form that what you've done is turning people away - it seems to not be, for the most part. I'm just worried if it changes too much more the way i've seen it change, that this could happen.

"hizunda kioku no you na toki no naka de itsuka wakari aeru kara"