View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  Ghost
Angel
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I just thought id be a trouble maker, and i read to post here if i thought someone should not have been banned, and i thought of ghost... so yea... alrighty then, i liked him Razz and he was fun to snipe against. ok, im dont

Sara the Sorority Sex Kitten
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:33 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Ghost wasn't exactly banned for cheating...it was a case of him disrupting play on the server. I don't believe he cheats.

He did however, have 7 kick votes initiated against him in one night. Everyone for hours was complaining that he cheated...again, I don't believe he did. He would only play sniper; at class at which he obviously excells and that bothered people also cause they could never get that slot. I got numerous complaints directly to me about him.

When a player becomes a pain to that extent...they are disrupting play on the server and involving me more that I care to be involved. Banning him solved numerous problems...just the way I felt it had to be at the time. No one was playing when he was on...just complaining...to me.

Perhaps, since this is the Christmas season...we should consider un-banning folks like him who were okay but had their bad moments. We would do this with the idea that if we see them again on the server, their attitude and play style must change.

If we're gonna un-ban Ghost...we should also un-ban TD, Paul and Eric Cartman...give em all another chance. If it doesn't work out, we can just send them on their way again.

Opinions ?

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Sounds good to me. I'm all for a second chance. If they mess up a second, it just takes a few lil keystrokes to fet rid of 'em again.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:52 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

I think this goes with out saying but just in case... those who were banned wearin CfH tags should NOT! come back with them still on... If this happens and those who were banned get another chance.. I dont think they should be sportin the tag... Just my humble little opinion on this. (I've never been big on second chances coz people dont seem to change with them but hey what the heck?)

TeKniX
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I would most like to see a demo of this player, just to clear up the hacker accusations.

Kyubi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

same here tek, i can usually tell if a person is hacking just from personal experience watching hackers play, or if a person is just extremely good. and about the banned guys, i dont really care if they are given a second chance or not. up completely to you chips, i dont have a personal opinion on it. ive given people second chances and some straighten up and some dont. i do know that if you do let them back in, at the first sign of being bad im going to take action Confused

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:34 am  Reply with quote

Like I said TeKniX...I truly don't believe he was hacking. Also, we don't do the demo thing here. I'm not running a large server company that has to answer to clients and customers about it's policies. But having a server full of people who do nothing but complain for hours that he was hacking...was disrupting play to the point that getting rid of him seemed the only solution. I defended his play for several maps...and all the accusers just started leaving. No one wanted to play with this guy.

I watched him in spec and saw nothing other than that he "spammed" with the sniper rifle...never saw anything like it. He'd let it charge for a second or two and fire...repeatedly. He was very good...but missed as often as he hit. Spam with any weapon enough...you're gonna get your kills.

Okay...
The following are unbanned as of now...

Ghost
Torturedevice
Paul
Eric Cartman
owned by a ten year old

If you see any of these players join the server...welcome them back. Also, remind them to be on their best behavior.
Even the slightest hint of the behavior that got them banned in the first place...and they're dust forever.

We only have 23 players banned from playing here...2 are confirmed cheaters. The rest are habitual team shooters, a handfull that have impersonated admins here...including two that impersonated me. And the rest for habitual foul language in chat and over voice comm and pr0n sprays...must be loyal CS players Smile

My point being...the admins here are excellent and are very lenient as to play style and taking a certain amout of crap from folks. If you get banned from here...you more or less truly deserve it.

And yes Ashley...the 3 that wore the tag have a long way to go to earn it back.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:20 am  Reply with quote

I'm thinkin the server's gonna need to be restarted for these ban changes to take effect...unlucky for them that the server hasn't crashed in over 3 days...

I'll restart it at some point tonight...they should be able to get on then.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Angel
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

wow, i didnt know that my post would create that much of a stir and get multiple people unbanned.... hmmm. well i hope it all works out Razz